Getting my wisdom teeth out has been a bit of an adventure. Partly pleasant, partly... not so pleasant. But all around interesting.
God certainly gave me a lot of peace beforehand, because I hardly felt nervous at all. Of course, it got worse waking up Friday morning and thinking, "Ugh, today is the day..." The surgery itself was no problem. It seemed like as soon as they put in the IV I started to feel drowsy, and the last thing I remember is Mom asking me, "Do you feel dizzy?" I think I mumbled "uh huh" as my head lolled around. The next thing I remember, I was opening my eyes and everything was moving around, and somehow the nurse managed to understand me when I slurred, "Am I done?" because she said that yes I was done. Then she stuck a bunch of gauze in my mouth.
At home I felt a little dizzy and unsteady on my feet, but after resting for about 15-20 minutes I got really bored and felt well enough to go upstairs to my own room. I ate some applesauce and took my pills (a quick note about pills... I can't swallow them. I don't know why, I just can't. Never have been able to. Yes, it's stupid and embarrassing).
I felt fine for most of the day... with an exception. I threw up six times. Not sure if that was the anesthetic wearing off, or the fact that I took my pills on a mostly emtpy stomach. By the next day my face had swelled up gigantic and disgusting. Ew. But I felt much better, again with one exception. For some reason I didn't take my painkiller until later in the evening. After a few minutes I got super dizzy and slightly nauseous. Even blinking my eyes made me feel awful. So no more Hydrocodone for me.
So I've been taking my antibiotics (which taste horrible btw) and a little aspirin for the pain, which actually hasn't bothered me much. Every day the swelling goes down more and by today it's almost gone. Should be completely gone by Thursday, if not tomorrow. I still can't chew stuff because a couple of my teeth hurt a little, and my mouth won't open very big, but again, it's getting better every day. BUT now I'm getting a lovely yellow bruise on each cheek...
I don't care. I'm going to youth group tomorrow. Probably.
LAN Party: Day 1 (Continued)
12 years ago

3 comments:
Well, at least you were knocked out beforehand. That's a pro.
And I love the pic of the week..we're certainly crazy, aren't we? Ha ha. Where was that pic from anyway?? Any way I can get a disc of whatever pics it's with? :)
I got the pic off of Facebook. There are sooo many, from all the youth group events and stuff. Like, hundreds. I actually collected a bunch of my favorites and uploaded them to Flickr... I added you as a contact so even if you don't want to get a Facebook you can still see those :)
Yay, I just noticed that. I love Flickr. And YES thank you. I don't want something else like facebook to keep up with.
Post a Comment